Whether you have a robust Safety Training program in place, or realize that you must get one started very soon, it can be helpful to establish your core objectives at the beginning of each year. Here are some considerations:
- Your overarching objective should be that everyone Gets Home Safe every night.
- Fulfill your moral obligation to keep your people safe when at work, and do all you can to keep them safe in their personal lives as well.
- Give employees a sense of personal satisfaction that their employer sincerely cares for their welfare and their family’s wellbeing.
- Protect and enhance your image in the community.
- Reduce your financial, liability and personal risks, especially in difficult financial times.
Young employees have shown that they very much appreciate safety training, and see it as a way that their employer shows that they care. It helps them to feel valued at a personal level, and respect the fact that their employer wants them to learn skills that enhance their importance to the company.